Re: [rhelv5-list] Fedora's yum database info in RHEL5?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage peaknet net> wrote:
> These differ only in their first few lines. For example, rpms.elrepo
> starts with:
>
>        Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, keys, kmod, list-data,
>        priorities, rhnplugin,
>                      : tmprepo
>         * elrepo: elrepo.org
>
> diff says the rpm list that follows this header is identical in every
> other rpms.* file. I think the rpms.adobe-linux-i386 should only contain
> three entries:
>
>        adobeair-2.5.1-17730
>        adobe-release-i386-1.0-1
>        flash-plugin-10.2.152.27-release
>
> I think I understand what you're trying to do, but I haven't a clue how
> to get it to work.

I don't think it will work because older versions of yum just don't
keep track of where installed packages came from so yum list installed
returns them all regardless of what repos you have enabled.