Re: Kernel 2.6.x in next RHL version. (Was: Re: First message >:)).

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> > > Next release after this one, that's the intention.  The sooner 2.6.x
> > > is stable, the sooner we can do next release -- it could be a much
> > > shorter cycle than usual in order to incorporate the change.  We'll
> > > have to keep an eye on it.
> >
> > Does this 2.4 kernel have the latest patches by Herbert Xu to the
> > backported 2.5 IPsec stack?
>
> The current kernel in Severn does not have the IPSEC patches.

Are there plans to add them?

The release notes mention ipsec-tools as being included, even though it's
not. What are the plans there? Go with the freeswan tools instead since at
least they're still maintained? Or just omit IPsec for this next release?

later,
chris