Re: Status of RPM?

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 12:14:27AM +0530, Ajay Ramaswamy wrote:
> How is it that rpm has not been listed as a core component along with
> anaconda? Does this mean that RPM will continue to be developed without
> coming under the RHL umbrella?

rpm will be released through Fedora very soon now.

The "RedHat package manager" and the "RPM package manager" were quietly
forked by me in early June.

Mostly I can tell you just one thing: I'm looking forward to divergent
functionality in 2 variant rpm implementations about as much as I'm
expecting to stick a fork in my eye-ball.

Translation: You can expect the {RedHat|RPM} package manager to interoperate
smootly to the greatest extent possible.

Otherwise, I have no idea what all this means, I'm still pretty much
making it up as I go along.

I will have a more complete announcement on <rpm-list redhat com> as soon
as I get a chance to write.

Not that any of this should matter much to anyone, there's only me developing
rpm, and I expact and plan on continuing to do so.

73 de Jeff

--
Jeff Johnson	ARS N3NPQ
jbj redhat com (jbj jbj org)