Re: Kernel 2.6.x in next RHL version.

On 2003-07-21 at 15:44:44-0700 Rick Johnson <rjohnson medata com> wrote:
> I'd drool over the next RHEL beta though, since it would come at an
> ideal time for us to migrate our production from RHL 7.1-9 to RHEL
> 3.x (or whatever it's numbered).  I've held off because I felt that
> 2.1 wasn't leading edge enough being based on 7.2

We're in the exact same situation.  I don't want to move *all* of my
servers from RHL to RHEL, but I want to move a fair number of them,
and RHEL 2.1 is just too old.

I think a nice new spiffy RHEL (which will be supported by most
third-party vendors) released in the fall will get a fair number of
people to migrate from RHL 7.x/8.0 to RHEL, and should give a nice
boost to Red Hat's bottom line.