Performance Issues with XMMS

Anyone notice any performance problems with the beta? I am playing an
mp3 with xmms and doing a "ls" in a gnome terminal or dragging windows
around makes my mp3 skip (taking 100% of cpu while dragging).  (Under RH
9 this didn't happen) When I am not dragging a window the cpu usage is
low and the mp3 plays fine.

I installed the xmms-mp3 package from freshrpms.net built for RH9.

--
David St.Clair <dstclair cs wcu edu>