Files larger than 2GB Supported In This Version?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knew if files larger than 2GB are supported via Samba in this version?

I was trying to replace the company's NAS with a Linux system, was totally caught off guard that the samba installed on Red Hat 8 does not support files larger than 2GB, despite the fact that large files are supported on Linux's native filesystem. I needed to obtain the patches for both ther 2.4.18 kernel's smbfs, as well as smb itself to get it work correctly.

It would be great if this is done in this new release from Red Hat!

ls