Re: desktop-printing and kde

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:07:44PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Philip Wyett (philipwyett dsl pipex com) said:
> > I will ask here before bugzilla'ing this.
> >
> > Is the Gnome 'desktop-printing' package intended to be kde dependant? I
> > ask because I am getting kdelibs, kdebase and the i18n-British packages
> > installed, during my Gnome only installs. :(
>
> It currently is using kprinter; there's some talk of it using
> qtcups instead.

The problem is that qtcups is no longer maintained AIUI, and all the
other solutions in this area (display a print dialog) seem to have
dependencies on things we don't ship (yet?).

If anyone knows a good, reasonably dependency-free, application to
display a print dialog and send stdin to the selected printer, please
speak up!

<threat>Otherwise I'll hack up a Python one using the pycups thing
from redhat-config-printer.</threat>

Tim.
*/