Re: Files larger than 2GB Supported In This Version?

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Lo Sheng (ls post1 com) said:
> > I'm wondering if anyone knew if files larger than 2GB are supported via
> > Samba in this version?
>
> Via samba or via smbfs? It's a large distinction.

Hey, Bill,

You are right. Two slaps on my wrists - its the smbfs patch for large file
negotiation. I got the patches from:

http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/index.html

Without the smbfs patch, Windows client cannot copy a large file into a
samba server, nor the other way round. I hope this would get included.
This is critical for media centric companies like mine that have a lot of
DV video databases to adopt Linux file server.

ls