Re: Files larger than 2GB Supported In This Version?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> The problem is is that the LFS support for smbfs changes the userspace
> ABI from the upstream kernel; if you ever in stall an upstream kernel;
> smbfs will break.
>
> That's why it historically hasn't been included.

Hi, Bill,

Thanks for the explanation. Could you please advise me if there a long
term solution in sight? This limitation affects the versatility of the
default kernel to be used as a Windows file server, and putting
in a dent into the great works of samba.

ls