Re: alsa - unresolved symbols

trying to figure out my unresolved symbols for the alsa modules.

for testing i installed my older 2.4.21 kernel and sources and also get the
unresolved symbol problem.
it worked fine before, so i seems to be the new compiler.

as it does not work with gcc33 i have to try gcc32 from the gcc32.rpm

i tried
#export CC=gcc32
#export CXX=gcc32
#export HOSTCC=gcc32
before compiling alsa source rpms but it did not change anything

after digging around on the web i get the impression that i have to
#export CXX=g++32
but there is no such file in the gcc32.rpm

so my question is how to recompile source rpms using gcc32 correctly.

thanks in advance
lars