RE: Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Not sure what mandrake uses (framebuffer, vesa, etc.) but I think it's
a good balance between being "graphical" and still showing the
informational
stuff so you can get an idea if something failed during the bootup.

What does mandrake use?

Todd

/quote

If we consider how successful desktop systems have been, without the
detailed startup messages (WIN, MACOS, ...) it isn't that odd of a
decision.

What would be nice is a sort of compromise between the two. Perhaps the
text should be written to both the console and managed by the graphical
boot manager, and if any of the startup scripts fail, the GUI should
drop away?

One more vote for a frame buffer implementation from this corner as
well...

mark

quote\