Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical

It may be saner from a coding standpoint - but not for the user.  To grab a
shot of a specific area is enormously useful when documenting programs.
Yes, you can shoot the entire screen and then edit it in The Gimp.  But
why the extra step?

Personal note to Alan:  Thank you for all your hard work.  You are the
reason that I always purchase Red Hat rather then the download.  Red Hat
supports you - so I support Red Hat.

Rich

Alan Cox wrote:
Is it also a "Gnome team" issue that eliminated the screen shooter that
was in 7.3 and replaced it with a far inferior one?  Can anything be done
about that?

It was replaced with a much saner one. I think you are the first person I've
met who counts it as better 8) Yes this was part of the Gnome teams focus
on usability