Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Havoc Pennington wrote:
... So it does have some bias toward users who want
latest-and-greatest stuff and want to try out a range of software
(have more choices), even if not all the software is "fully
productized."

I sincerely hope that "not fully productized" is not marketing-speak for "let us know if this happens to work".

If I choose to install something off of freshrpms, I don't feel bad if it ain't quite there yet. I need some reasonable level of functionality in a distribution (or at least some way to distinguish core/dependable from alpha/experimental). Missing features is one thing; stuff that just doesn't work is another. I like to choose where I waste my time ;-)

Surely you wouldn't intentionally dilute the quality of the free (beer) edition just to pump up the value of the 'enterprise' editions? Well, I can't say I'd blame you if you did. Good QA is worth real $$.

<Joe