Re: Apt-get

Quoting Panu Matilainen <pmatilai welho com>:
> Fedora has one:
> ..and then run dist-upgrade. Beware, you're stepping to largely untested
> grounds
> here, I don't recall seeing success/failure reports of the process. Chances
> are
> it works just fine but you never know until you try - trying it out on a
> crash-test-dummy box first is heavily recommended.

I upgraded my (non critical) work station (p3/1ghz, 512mb, i815 board) yesterday
using apt-get. Had no problems getting it back up (even with a 2.6 kernel), but
the X/Gnome fonts seem a bit "off" to me. (read about this in an earlier thread
on this mailing list). Have to play with it a bit more to see what's broken ;)

Klaasjan