Re: Yum, autoupdate (was: Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical)

> Then do check out yum : It has the ease of use that autoupdate has, trivial
> package signature checking like autoupdate has, but uses rpmlib and the
> actual package headers to calculate updates, so it doesn't miss the
> "Obsoletes:" tags nor the epoch increases... like autoupdate does.
>
> I'm still using autoupdate on quite a lot of production servers, but am
> switching to yum on the new ones.

What's the homepage of yum?

Does it handle all *file* dependencies in rpm correctly?  Some versions
of Current had problems with this and apt-rpm does handle this correctly
(foe *all* files) when using the --bloat flag to the genXXXXdir tools
(without this flag it does some hueristics that only handle most cases,
but not all).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos xos nl>