Re: Yum, autoupdate (was: Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical)

> Do you use autoupdate-5.x?  Also, obsoletes tags have been supported for a
> long time now, I think..
>
> Newer versions handle the more difficult cases with "autoinfo" files which
> include all the information (such as epochs etc.).
>
> Autoupdate also includes perl-RPM bindings which make it a bit more
> robust.

Last time I had heard the perl-rpm bindings weren't being maintained
much anymore. Yum is in python so it can take advantage of red hat
maintaining the python bindings for its own software (anaconda, up2date,
redhat-config-packages)

-sv