Re: custom package selection

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Chris Ricker wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 nospamhere att net wrote:
>
> > What happened to the "Select individual packages" option?  It appears the only
> > option is to take default or take packages listed in each group.  Ability to
> > pare down the defaults and add in packages not listed in the groups is
> > important!  Did I miss it somehwere?
>
> It was removed in the interest of making the install simpler

Just so you know, I don't think that was such a good idea.  Often times
you want to install a box and be very very selective about what rpms are
installed.  Combine that with the autokickstart generation, and the
feature that was removed was a very cool thing.  On the other hand,
I completely understand the need to make things simpler, I am just not
sure that was the best choice.

Just my 2cents...james