Re: Apt-get

Panu Matilainen wrote:

Quoting Roberto Berto' <roberto desenvolve com br>:

Do some one knows how I can configure apt-get to update redhat 9 to the
beta one?

Add pointer to apt-enabled severn-repository to /etc/apt/sources.list, at least Fedora has one: "rpm http://download.fedora.us/fedora redhat/9.0.93/i386 os updates stable"

..and then run dist-upgrade. Beware, you're stepping to largely untested grounds
here, I don't recall seeing success/failure reports of the process. Chances are
it works just fine but you never know until you try - trying it out on a
crash-test-dummy box first is heavily recommended.

This seems to be working. You may want to add a few of the new packages. It does take a while. It was the easiest way to upgrade my laptop which runs reiserfs. Now I've got something that will really blow my debian's friends minds. A live upgrade of Red Hat from the network.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)