Missing kernel module? (kernel/drivers/scsi/advansys.o)

kernel-2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl seems to lack the advansys scsi module required by my scanner's scsi input card. I can make it manually with a makefile scraped outta Rubin's book:
===
KERNELDIR = /usr/src/linux
CFLAGS = -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I$(KERNELDIR)/include -O -Wall

all : advansys.o

clean:
        rm -f advansys.o *~ core
===
which when then modprobe'd, the scanner works.

Maybe this is a feature, not a bug? No bug seems to have been filed on this.

Otherwise I find the severn beta astonishingly good.

Bob L.
--
Robert Lynch   Berkeley CA USA  rmlynch pacbell net