Re: custom package selection

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 15:01, Chris Ricker wrote:

> * Similarly, some apps are always mandatory. RHL always installs sendmail. I
>   don't want sendmail. I only want postfix.  I can't do that w/o individual
>   package selection. sendmail's currently mandatory, and that's not fixable
>   w/o more efforts than RH feels it's worth.

Why is sendmail 'mandatory' ?  Shouldn't ONE of postfix or sendmail be
mandatory.  I mean, I certainly have no problems on my systems that I've
uninstalled sendmail from (after installing postfix and running
redhat-switch-mail).

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp pobox com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |