Re: Bring back configurability in expert mode

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 15:39, Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 10:21, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 12:11, Dax Kelson wrote:
> > No, because it adds weirdo cases that only happen in expert mode and
> > then *NO ONE* mentions that they're using expert mode when they hit
> > problems.
>
> Alright, how about bringing back the knobs in "custom". That is a code
> path that is used much more, but at the same time isn't used by the
> newbies.

Really?  I would be willing to argue that assertion based on
installfests I've been at.  Custom is like expert, everybody picks it
because they think it gives them better choices (and again, custom
doesn't really do all that much different than any of the other choices
these days -- they're all just different default package sets really)

Cheers,

Jeremy