Re: 2.6.0-test1 kernel? gcc 3.3 compiler?

jbinpg shaw ca (jbinpg shaw ca) said:
> > It should be run on installation of the new modutils, but only once.
> > If it's not working, that's a bug.
>
> Bill - Perhaps I don't understand the process.

The converter runs on the initial install of a 2.6-capable modutils
package.

> How about those of us
> who have a play box where the hardware config changes a lot with time?

Maintain both, unfortunately.

> Should not the script be run everytime it detects a diff between the most
> recent modules.conf and the modprobe.conf?

How do you diff something with different formats? It's potentially
possible to run it based on timestamps.

Our general hope is that for testing people can handle edits, and
then for general use, people will go to 2.6 and not go back. :)

Bill