Re: Feature Request

Jeremy Katz wrote:

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 18:29, Samuel Flory wrote:

Samuel Flory wrote:

The real question is will redhat accept patches to add xfs, and reiserfs support to the installer?

Or rather make them work durning upgrades. The installer support seems to be in the installer for jfs, xfs, and reiserfs, but it doesn't appear that you can upgrade them. I know this is true under 9, and the current beta.

If the modules are built in the kernel, the installer will magically support them (for upgrades at least -- and mostly for installs, even if it requires a command line option for most of them right now)

Not in my the one attempt I tried with reiserfs. Of course maybe the installer doesn't include the reiserfs modules.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)