Re: 2.6.0-test1 kernel? gcc 3.3 compiler?

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 15:27, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Alan Cox (alan redhat com) said:
> > > USB1 module. I also had to take settings from /etc/modules.conf to
> > > /etc/modprobe.conf  This was especially annoying since I use a USB
> >
> > There is a script with the 2.5 module tools to generate a conf file from
> > your existing one. It knows some of the name changes but submit others
> > to Rusty Russell
>
> It should be run on installation of the new modutils, but only once.
> If it's not working, that's a bug.

It did transfer my my eth0 and eth1 aliases, but didn't transfer the USB
aliases. So I guess it was a bug, I will file one shortly. Even if it
had transfered them, the name of the USB1 module changed and would have
resulted in the same issue of it not loading and no USB keyboard or
mouse.