Re: vmware 4.0

Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:

Hi,
I'm unable to make vmware work correctly on Severn.
I'm unable to setup vmware tools (Net, Graphics) which are really
useful.
The mouse is slow (probably because vmware tools are not installed).

The default driver is pcnet32 (AMD 79c970, PCNET32 Lance), it loads OK,
but then the network script say the cable is not plugged...
The host OS (linux RH9) has network running just fine and the second
vmware machine (Win2k) is also running fine with network and vmware
tools.
Does anyone have ideas on how to do it working?
Thanks
-jec

PS: why is the kernel compiled with gcc 3.2.3 and the installed compiler
is 3.3?

It's strange because wmware-4460 works fine at me (better, than
on RH9). No complaints yet, though I haven't done anything
special&
   Igor Gorbounov