Re: Reiserfs (was: feature request)

Mark Hutchinson wrote:

Losing data on ext3 is a bit odd.

I have 50 servers running, they have all seen hard power off's.  Once all at the
same time!  I have even powered off machines while in the middle of an fsck and
never lost any daya.  I suspect that you may have had some other issues that led
to the non-recoverable data issue.

No the issue has do with ide drives, drive cache and reordering writes. Also I'm hitting the drives extremely hard. Scsi systems tend to recover with out issue.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)