Re: Taroon annoyance

On 7/25/2003 3:37 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

On Friday 25 July 2003 15:23, Rick Johnson wrote:

This happened well over 10 times during the entire install for me.

The problem is that AS and WS share the same disk2 and 3, but different disk 1s. Because of the order the RPMS have to be installed in, this can lead to the multiple swapping of disks. Some work _might_ be able to be done to lower the number of swaps, but *shrug*

How many times did you swap between disk 2 and 3, or was it all 2 to 1 and 3 to 1?

After formatting the partitions, I was prompted immediately for disc 2 to install glibc. It used disc 2 all the way through, then prompted to disc 3. Then when after it got to Amanda on disc 3, it started shuffling. I swapped to disc 1, pulled 1-2 packages, then back to disk 3 for 10 or so more, then back to 1, then to 3... then ended on 1. This continued 10 or more times. Most end users won't go for this. There was no excessive (i.e. more than once) 2 to 1 or 2 to 3 disc swapping.

Unfortunately I didn't take note of which packages caused the swap.

-Rick
--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.