Re: ntfs

regarding my previous post on NTFS and red hat:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

... snip ...

> it must clearly be legal since the source for the module is
> included -- you simply have to compile it in.  i don't know if
> this is an issue any more, but saying it's illegal to ship an
> NTFS-enabled kernel is like saying, "i can't sell you a loaded
> gun.  but, hey, i can sell you an unloaded gun.  and then i can
> just sell you the bullets separately at the same time."

it just occurred to me that i'm probably dead wrong on this point.
i'm used to having the NTFS code in my kernel source tree since i've
been building from www.kernel.org source for a long time, rather than
from red hat's RPMs.

so, mea culpa.  i'll just go throw myself on my corkscrew now.

rday