Re: alsa-driver 0.9.5 no compile

I Said:

> Has anyone managed to get alsa to compile?

not realizing Pekka Pietikainen had already answered this in:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-July/msg00098.html

I did have to modify the .spec file from alsa-driver rpm at

ftp://shrike.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/testing/9/alsa-0.9.5/

to force CC=gcc32 in the configure and make steps.

and then I gather from Pekka's post we need to do
(for the simplest solution) a

echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield

?

Joel