Gnome windows maximizing

I maximize most of my windows while in Gnome.  But when I close one, and
whether I log out of Gnome or not, when I bring it back up, it starts in
the same place, instead of maximizing like I had it before.  It doesn't
seem to remember the last state I had it in.  It happens on all of the
programs, not just a few.

Is this known and how it's suppose to work or should this work like I am
expecting it too?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."