Re: battery charge status applet broken?

OK, I loaded the acpid RPM and started it, loaded ac and battery modules, now when I start the battery monitor applet it works fine but my cursor goes "out of control" and races about the screen doing random things.

If I manage to logout of the session and the login screen returns, the cursor becomes sane again.

Confirmed after a power cycle.

Ideas?