PHP4 + Apache2 = Experimental

I noticed that Apache2 is now the default httpd for both Severn and Taroon.  I also noticed that php.net still considers Apache 2 support experimental (http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php).  Is there some particular configuration (pre-fork module?) or patch that RedHat is using in order to guarantee a configuration that is reliable enough for use even on your enterprise platform?

Marc