Re: PHP4 + Apache2 = Experimental

Marc Richards disse:
> I noticed that Apache2 is now the default httpd for both Severn and
> Taroon.
> I also noticed that php.net still considers Apache 2 support experimental
> (http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php).  Is there some
> particular configuration (pre-fork module?) or patch that RedHat is using
> in
> order to guarantee a configuration that is reliable enough for use even on
> your enterprise platform?

I had no problems at all with PHP and Apache2. For what I know, it is
widely used, although it may be labeled "experimental" I think it is quite
reliable.

Note that PHP 4.3.2 (which was released by the end of May) includes a
totally rewritten apxs2 support. It is worth trying.

regards
--
Marco Ermini
http://macchi.markoer.org