Re: severn, 2.6.0-test1 kernel *and* LVM

I had attempted to get root on LVM2 back in January:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/phoebe-list/2003-January/msg00558.html

DM was not then stable enough to be usable, but you can find my patches here:

	ftp://67.83.203.127/pub/lvm

The major annoyance was that LVM2 didn't build with with dietlibc,
so putting it in an initrd was a hassle.

I jumped through hoops to attempt (not quite) to support LVM1 on 2.4 and
LVM2 on 2.5.  Since DM is available and working for 2.4, there's no point
in that anymore -- just use LVM2.

The major annoyance was that LVM2 didn't build statically with with dietlibc,
so putting it in an initrd was a hassle.

According to my vsftpd logs a bunch of people downloaded it to have a look,
but the only person that I ever heard from was Warren Togami.   I had
to move on to other things after the experiment with DM failed to be robust
enough.

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky