Questions about acpi and cpufreq...

and hoping for synaptics driver.

I've got a laptop with the synaptics touchpad. Is there any hope that redhat
will include a driver liked this:

I just love to control the scroll-bars with my touchpad. Life is so much

	I've noticed that cpufreq for pentium 4 is not enabled. Is there any
particular reason for this?
	Since the kernel is acpi-enabled, why isn't the acpi-related modules(*)
loaded during boot when acpi is used? It's not very important, since I anyway
have to patch and compile my own kernel. (Such that it loads a fixed
dsdt-table.) But I'm slightly curious.

(*) battery, thermal, processor, fan etc.

Øystein Olsen, oystein olsen astro uio no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no
University of Oslo, Norway