Re: Graphical boot

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 17:10, Chris Hillman wrote:

> I experienced the same thing and have posted it in bugzilla (101192).
> If you're going to brag about it so much during the install, then
> install it :).  I also felt that since the upgrade modified
> /etc/sysconfig/init to say "GRAPHICAL = yes" that rhgb should definitely
> be installed.

Remember, upgrading is exactly what it is, upgrading.  It doesn't
(AFAICT) install extra packages, unless one of the upgraded packages has
a dependency that must be met, therefore installs the package.  rhgb
doesn't exist on 9, so it doesn't get installed.  And just because the
/etc/sysconfig/init got updated, is only because it already existed and
the new package included the graphical boot code.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."