Re: Mysql 4.x

Max Clark wrote:

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me install mysql 4.x on a
redhat 10 beta system.

Are there rpms out there in the wild? What do I need to modify in order to
get the mysql rpm to install correctly?

Did you try the MySQL.org site itself? Their RPM's generally work under RH8 and RH9 w/o needing to recompile - and they include a compatability package so that things compiled against MySQL 3.23.x still work correctly.

Personally, I'd like to see the Licensing resolved and RH include their packages since they fit a bit "cleaner" into the Red Hat distribution.

-Rick

--
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson medata com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.