Re: bugs, bugs, bugs!

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 02:30:10PM -0700, Jack Bowling wrote:
> OK, I don't want to be overly argumentative here, but if the releases
> are now short-cycle, just when will there be enough time to sweep the
> bugs away and get to the RFEs?

Keep in mind that the releases aren't necessarily any shorter-cycle
than they've ever been, or shorter than GNOME or Mozilla for example.

The releases are time-based though, that means once the feature freeze
hits, all the RFEs are off the list until the next cycle.

This post relating to GNOME is an explanation of how a time-based
release works:
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-June/msg00041.html

Havoc