Re: battery charge status applet broken?

Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote thusly:

Steve Ward (stevewa spiritone com) said:

OK, I loaded the acpid RPM and started it, loaded ac and battery modules, now when I start the battery monitor applet it works fine but my cursor goes "out of control" and races about the screen doing random things.

If I manage to logout of the session and the login screen returns, the cursor becomes sane again.

Confirmed after a power cycle.

Ideas?

Um, you have a very very strange BIOS? :)

Seriously, the cursor only goes wacky *after* starting the battery
applet?

That's correct. I did try the most recent BIOS from Sony (2000 dated) which was released specifically to correct compatibility issues with Win2K (presumably ACPI related).