CDROM confusion

I am going nuts trying to figure out how to get kudzu to stop trying to mount "extra" cdrom drives. I have two drives, a cdrw on hdc and a dvd player on hdd. I have added hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi to my kernel line in grub.conf. I have created links /dev/cdrom linked to /dev/scd0 and /dev/cdrom1 linked to /dev/scd1.

I have changed /etc/fstab to read

/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 noauto,user,ro 0 0

trying not to use kudzu for the cdrom drives.

When I reboot, kudzu insists on creating new links /dev/cdrom2 to /dev/hdc and /dev/cdrom3 to /dev/hdd, and adding lines as follows to /etc/fstab.

/dev/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom3 /mnt/cdrom3 udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

This all worked fine when I set it up this way in RHL8.0 and RHL9.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Gerry