Re: VNC Installation

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 15:31, jmontleon promutualgroup com wrote:

> So it would be nice if A) it would go through the static/dynamic address
> assignment process before starting the VNC server and B) print out the IP
> address that it is listening on.  That's just my two ever so worthless
> cents.
>
> Jason

For your case you can use the 'ip=', 'netmask=', etc command line
arguments documented in the 'command-line.txt' file in the anaconda
binary RPM.  This allows you to set static networking information from
the command line.

Once the VNC server is running on the target system you should see it
output the hostname/IP to connect your vnc client to on the first
virtual console.

Michael Fulbright
msf redhat com
Anaconda Team Lead