[Fwd: Bug in network install]

Please excuse me if this ends up being a duplicate.  I sent it
originally before I joined the list, and I don't believe it ever made it
through.
--- Begin Message ---
Folks,

I think I might have found a problem in the network install code, but I
wanted to see if anyone else has been having the same problem before I
file a bug (Or make sure it's not already reported).

It seems that when doing an http install, anaconda appends a second / to
URLs when it tries to grab stage2.img.  A good example can be seen in
Matt Whiteley's e-mail on the 23th entitled "Network Install Failure"
that I found in the archives.

The URL in his case was http://192.168.1.112//redhat/stage2.img, which
is handled fine since apache deals properly with the extra slashes.  The
problem occurs when you're trying to install from a public_html
directory that belongs to a user.  In my case it was attempting to grab
http://192.168.1.1//~gboyce/redhat/stage.img, which isn't handled
cleanly by any version of apache that I've tested.

Any idea why the extra slash would be showing up?  If not, I'll file a
bug on this once I track down my bugzilla password.

(Note: I'm currently waiting for some DNS changes to propagate that
should fix my broken MX record.  In the meantime, I'll be reading
replies from the archives)

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce rakis net>

--- End Message ---