Re: Questioning RH's decisions to remain a viable and independentcompany?

On November 4, 2003 10:39 am, Martin Sturm , <Martin Sturm
<martin wolkje net>> wrote:

> > > Any care to speculate on who will acquire Mandrake and when?
> >
> > You have a point. Given the financial situation of Mandrake, I suppose
> > they must be dying to sell.

<*chuckle*> ... You seem to have given voice to what I've been thinking
secretly: possibly Red Hat will acquire Mandrake ... thereby giving them
access to other markets, and being able to provide products that
are not strictured by US governance (think certain codecs... for example).

Mandrake is already an rpm-based distro, and though it has diverged somewhat
from the Red Hat Linux structure, it is not totally 'alien'. For that matter,
FC + Mandrake = (possible) shrinkwrap for the SOHO's and hobbyists. With
RHEL for Red Hat's main breadwinner: the corporate customers.

QED: "everybody wins"!

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.