Permissions on system-config-bind

I am trying to use system-config-bind and found that the file, Zone.py
seems to be having problems setting the variable "self.owner" and
results in the failure of the application to write out the configuration
files.....

Has anyone else had a problem with this? Am I trying in vain to set up
DNS this way instead of *rolling my own* config files?

Does this application (system-config-bind) actually work (or perhaps a
placeholder) ?

WPH