preamble for intel 2200bg wireless???

I've got the latest ipw2200-0.18 wireless driver Sunday and installed on fc3 and it working well at home ... but am having trouble where there are multiple access points in the same area. the service people say that there is some preamble issue ... especially with "G" and cisco wireless points ... where the laptap starts oscillating between the various access points (all same ssid) and loosing connection. there is supposedly some preamble option change necessary to correct the problem.

I just found out that there was ipw2200-0.19 driver from sometime yesterday and just now installed it. It seems to have similar but different characteristics to 0.18 ... comes up and works fine initially for a time ... and then looses signal.