Re: Example up2date `sources'

Gerry Tool wrote:
Harry Putnam wrote:

Colin Charles <linux bytebot net> writes:

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 01:26, Harry Putnam wrote:

Group, I've fallen way way behind the testing curve ...still on core1 test2.
My current /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources is way out of date.

You don't need one - up2date is smart enough to do selection nowadays

Do what selection?

up2date isn't all that smart here... Installing the latest up2date
and using its `souces' file results in:

[root] # up2date --list
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/fedora-core-2
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/up2date-mirrors/updates-released-fc2
There was a fatal error communicating with the server. The message was:

An HTTP error occurred:

Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found

It looks like you managed to update to the up2date that is all set up for running your system as FC2, but perhaps without getting all the other packages that upgrade the system to FC2. My fully updated system gives the same errors as yours, because it is now supposed to be essentially an FC2 system. The background wallpaper is now labeled as Fedora Core 2.

Perhaps you could uninstall up2date, download a previous version and install it. Then, run it and get all the package updates that comprise FC2. Or, perhaps all you need to do is replace the sources in the config file.

Good Luck.

Gerry Tool

I discovered that there are still updates to be made to 1.92, even though the most recent version of up2date changes the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file to behave as though FC2 is installed. I added the following line to my sources file and found 40 updates in my case by unchecking the other sources in the up2date window.

yum updates-testing ftp://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development

Needs to all be on one line in the sources file.

Gerry Tool