Re: CD ripping is broken on USB drives

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
this means something has /dev/scd0 open already, for example magicdev or
nautilus or ...

Naw, you don't get off that easy. I tried it without X running and I get the same thing. I can eject my audio CD, insert a data CD, mount it, unmount & eject, re-insert my audio CD and I still get the same thing.

Could you just actually try it?  Try ripping a track of an audio
CD without sg loaded and tell us what the cdparanoia invocation is
that works.

:j