Re: Red Hat Introduces Desktop Linux Competitor

James W. Bennett wrote:
For your information KDE was a desktop before gnome was even conceived.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that GNOME was developed for much the same reason that xfree86 and xorg exist recently.

QT tools? I guess redhat not having KDE, then having it later doesn't mean GNOME was older than KDE. It is good that the qt issue is pretty well over for the developers.

Jim