sharing /boot beween FC1 and FC2

Hi,

I want to upgrade my system to FC2, but since it took a long time to get things going correctly in FC1 I want to dual boot both for a while instead of upgrading only to discover things don't work, sharing /home and a few data partitions. I already have a /boot partition for FC1 and I am wondering if I can just point the FC2 install to this during installation - will it add itself correctly to grub.conf, or will it crash my FC1 boot options ? Is this just a bad idea ?

cheers Chris