Re: FC2 install failure with selinux turned on....

Tom London kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 21.
toukokuuta 2004 01:10):
> It then return to the login screen, where I tried to login as
> root. This
> time I got the following:
>      The Applet "gnome-settings-daemon" has quit
> unexpectedly.  You can
>       inform .....".

This one is explained in the release notes:

"Performing an installation with SELinux enabled causes
GNOME-related files to be created in the /root/ directory with
the wrong security context. This will prevent a graphical login
by the root account. The workaround is to login (as root) via
the console and run the following command:

setfiles /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts /root

After issuing this command, graphical logins as root will work as
expected."

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku kolkka iki fi